fudge

Friday 13 November 2015

'Weak In The Head'

Yep, that's the latest label SD's put on me.

Apparently I am, 'WEAK IN THE HEAD'.

Seriously, If I weren't so forgiving, If I didn't have such a good sense of humour ...

Well, then I could be severely offended!

Who even says 'weak in the head' anyway???

BUT ...

There ARE times where I have to concede he may just have a point ...

It was Miss Mac's GCSE presentation evening last night and you already know how proud I am of her so I won't bang on about it.

Anyway!  The dress code was 'smart' and I don't really know what that means ...

I mean, I know what I think is smart but that doesn't necessarily equate to other peoples idea of smart and I thought that as this was the very last time I would be doing anything school related then it would be nice to actually get it right for once.

I decided to wear a plain, pale grey shift type dress that I bought a few months ago.  It's a little longer than most of my dresses at about 3" above the knee so quite sedate really.  With it I thought Id wear my black boots.

Not the New Rock ones, not the long black leather ones, not the over the knee suede ones and not the (look the same as Uggs but are in fact Goldigga) short ones or even the Doc Martens but the, look a little like D M's but are less clumpy ones just to give the dress a little 'edge'.

I've only worn these boots a few times and the last time I was really disappointed that they hurt me feet so much.  I'm not really one for buying boots that need to be worn in, I like them to be fairly comfortable from the start so I couldn't understand why these had pinched my toes so much and I'm sure they hadn't the first few times I'd worn them.

Maybe my feet had somehow got fatter?  Maybe be my 'fat foot' problem had returned!

For those who missed it, my left foot inexplicably blew up (not literally!) almost 5 years ago.  In a matter of hours it was about 4 times the size it had been and was really painful.  It stayed that way for several months before eventually returning to it's original size.  No reason for it was ever discovered and I live in fear of it happening again.

I would post a photo but in deference to Val should she pop by I've decided not to but take it from me - it was HUGE!

Anyway, I hadn't noticed any difference in my feet since last wearing the boots so I decided that it had probably been a one off and they would be fine.

I got dressed and went to put the boots on.

My feet felt really cramped and my toes hurt straight away.

I thought maybe I'd pulled my tights tight as I put the boots on so I took them off again, pulled the toes on my tights to loosen them and tried again.

Same thing - they really hurt!

I tried a few more times before getting really cross and throwing the boots across the room.

SD came in to ask what the problem was having heard the boots go flying and me shouting at them.

My boots have shrunk I told him - either that or my feet just get fat every time I try to put them on!

It was the same last time I wore them and I don't understand it - they were fine before that!

SD picked up a boot - looked at it - put his hand inside and pulled out a sock ...

He then picked up the other boot and did the same thing ...

After silently handing the boots back to me  he just looked at me - that look that said:

WEAK IN THE HEAD ...

7 comments:

joeh said...

Not for nothing, but for all of this post I kept saying to myself, "Check the inside of the boot for a sock!"

Sarah said...

I know Joe, I KNOW ...

Val said...

I was getting a bit shaky with all the talk of that FAT FOOT.

Smart? WTF are you supposed to wear, a thin black skirt, calf-length...a white blouse buttoned to the neck...and a pair of oversized black-rimmed glasses? Like an old-time librarian might wear?

Or, perhaps by 'smart' it means fashionable but not fancy. I don't do well with English translation. To me, a 'jumper' is a sleeveless dress worn over a blouse. But to you, it seems to be a sweater.

Kay G. said...

That's funny! I have gotten the same look myself, so I know what you mean!
And I just read the comment above and I remember having to learn that "jumper" means "sweater" in England! HA!

Sarah said...

I know Val - sorry I mentioned the foot! No idea what you were meant to wear, there seemed to be everything from ripped jeans to 80's chic complete with shoulder pads so I think I blended in well ... I struggle with Americans calling trousers pants - in England we wear our pants UNDER our trousers ...

I get it ALL the time Kay - that and the 'WTF are you DOING' look so you are in good company here :-)

Emma Kate at Paint and Style said...

Where would we be without out helpfull menfolk eh? xxx

Sarah said...

Agreed Emma Kate (and as long as we let them keep on thinking that we'll be fine won't we :-) xxx