fudge

Friday 21 June 2013

Sarah Says Stuff ( and so do other people...)

I have something of a love/hate relationship with quotes - on the one hand I LOVE quotes - I love words I love things that really mean something and send a message.

I know, I know, you re shaking your heads in disbelief aren't you - come on, you can admit it!  If you've read much of my blog you'll know I often drivel on without meaning anything or sending any kind of message at all.

I KNOW that people but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate a good quote.

A very long time ago I wrote a post with my interpretation of some Winnie The Pooh quotes - I love that little bear who, unlike my own Bear of Little Brain sometimes has a way of saying exactly what I'm thinking but so much more eloquently.

I've posted a couple of Poohisms on Fudges FB page recently, mostly to be honest to counteract all the crappy inspirational/educational claptrap that seems to clog up my news feed on a daily basis (mostly on my personal FB rather than the blog one to be fair).

It shits me people, it really does!!!  Why would I want a picture of a tree or a boat or a rainbow with a stupid anal comment attached?  Is it going to make me think?  Is it going to change my life??  Is it going to give me a feel good glow???

No, no and NO!

What it does it make me want to repeatedly bitch slap the person who posted it which probably makes me a bitch but hey, I never said I was perfect.


I know - I've used this one before but it makes you think ;-)


Actually, I generally ignore them (after a little eye rolling and muttering 'get a life ffs') because I know Im being a bitch but seriously?  There are so many great quotes out there that you cant find something better to post?

Personal favs of mine are, as mentioned, Winnie the Pooh (or AA Milne in general) - Grouco Marx - Erma Bombeck and Abraham Lincoln.

This Winnie the Pooh quote so reminds me of ...  well, my life actually:

“Now then, Pooh," said Christopher Robin, "where's your boat?"
"I ought to say," explained Pooh as they walked down to the shore of the island, "that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends."
"Depends on what?"
"On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it.” 

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing a new series - I KNOW - exciting no???

I've been so crap good at keeping up with my Photo For Friday - shit, that's TODAY isn't it ...

Ok, here's a quickie I took the other day before I ate it:



Yes, it's Christmas pudding and yes, I KNOW it's June - is there a problem with that?

And of course I've got my other series going, 'shooting from the hip' - another photo series where I take photos of my legs/feet in different locations because .... well, because I CAN!

So, I thought I could call this BRAND NEW SERIES aniquoteies (anti quote ies) and post serious shit like:

'Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend, inside of a dog it's too dark to read' Grocho Marx -  or:

'My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you?' Erma Bombeck

And, one of my all time favourites (and actually a serious one this time):

'Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be' Abraham Lincoln.

See, those are all factual and true not a load of crappy tree hugging shit that makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a teaspoon.

And sometimes I might just make shit up of my own because actually,  I sometimes think insightful things too you know ;-)

What do you think?

Antiquoties yes or no??

nb.  I'm going to do it anyway so that was just a rhetorical question - want to read my Antiquoties then you'll need to pop over to the Fudge Face book page where Sarah says stuff.

2 comments:

Car said...

We must have different friends on our feeds - this morning I had quote of the year

"I threw a handful of skittles at you. taste the rainbow bitch"

made me giggle. And want to buy a bag of skittles.

Sarah said...

Lol Car, I like ;-) x